Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fish are friends, not food...

Weekends are great. Those in Nor-Cal can agree the weather was fetch this weekend. Probably my homies in So-Cal can argue their weather is ALWAYS amayonaising...but some of us get suckered in to heading North...and eventually get happy and settle in.
Played some volleyball this weekend at the park with a grip of Canadians. Got hella sun and now I wear a wife beater even when I'm naked...
Then I went to the fish store and picked up a "cleaner crew" for my salt water tank, a hand-me-down from my future brother-in-law. A cleaner crew is called as such because they keep the algae and other dirtinesses in your tank in check. So I got some snails and some zebra hermits. Also got two damsels.
For those, like me, who know more about worm holes than keeping a salt water tank in their living room, the idea is to cycle the tank for at least a week or two, then test the water, then put in some creatures. To cycle the tank, you first put in the filters, add the salt water, some sand, condition with some chemicals, get some live rock, and...small version of a violin, swap 'o' with 'i'! You are committed.
This is turning out to be an expensive hobby...but what hobbies are cheap these days? I will single-handedly restore the economy with my fishy purchases.


Finally, thanks to this girl:

I have discovered jícama. Add chili powder and lime, delicious.
I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment