Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Staying Fit, and Other Good

You know what stinks about apartment gyms?
This guy:















No really, he stinks. Like awful.
The good thing is that maybe it helps me to forgo the elliptical and venture a run around the "neighborhood".

In addition, Google did a good thing today with their "doodle" (HTML widget in the Google logo of their home page above the search field):

This screen capture does no justice to the widget (which can be played).
Bob Moog's birthday is today. He's up there with my favorite humans.
He died of a brain tumor the year I graduated from the ICAM department at UCSD. To most of us around Mandeville, it felt like we lost a friend.

Check out the Bob Moog Foundation.

If you have an iPad, you owe it to yourself to try the "Animoog" soft synth. Musical inclination not required to have fun and enjoy the app.
Also, check out "Moog", a documentary of Robert Moog and moog synthesizers (streaming on Netflix).
Lastly, it's "moog" -- like "rogue" -- not like "goog"le.

"I'll tell you where I think it comes from. I think it comes from out there, you know, and it comes through me, into the instrument and then the music goes through you guys and the instrument, and then back out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment