Monday, December 21, 2009

Mi Muñeca


My girlfriend is la bomba.
Apologies in advance to any male or lesbian readers. Jealousy will likely ensue.
Quite simply, she is the best girl. Ever.

For instance...

  • She walked right past the What Women Want, The Devil Wears Prada, Failure to Launch, When Harry Met Sally (which I actually really like) DVD's on sale at Target, and picked up Predator. On Blu-Ray, on sale for $9.99. She said, "We are watching this tonight."
  • She likes good music. That's not to say she only likes music that I like. That would be boring. But she is appreciative, vocally so, of the not-so-on-the-radio-or-download-able-as-ring-tone catalog that pleasures my ears. And she exposes me to some really good stuff. She said yesterday, "I really like that elbow song, Grounds for Divorce. It's so bad ass. It just makes me want to tear something up." And then continued to swing her hips to Shakira. I always wanted eclectic love.
  • She, like any girl, has a friend that visits every month, let's call this friend...oh...I dunno..."Redding". However, she doesn't transform into an enraged demonic aggressor, throwing the salt shaker squarely at my forehead for placing it too close to her cup of cranberry juice causing it to sprinkle on to her place mat. Nope, she is well aware that she might be a little moody, but in reality is just a little more quiet and indecisive than usual...and even goes as far as (unnecessarily) apologizing for that.
  • She has no capacity for falsehood. When she says something to me, there is no question in my mind or heart that she means it. Entirely.
  • She bypasses Sex and the City and watches The Simpsons and Futurama with me. And she turned me on to Futurama. She also has the insider info on when a season of The Simpsons is going on sale.
  • She doesn't hold it against me when I let my silly Canadian friends convince me to have just 4 more shots of whiskey and I end up making (even more of) an ass of myself.
  • She tells me I'm hot when I'm being a complete nerd. I have no qualms about telling her that Sunday afternoon, I really want to re-image my hard drive, swap out my CPU fan, and tweak my BIOS settings.
  • She might like the Predator, but she sewed up the hole in my PJ's while we watched it.
  • She personifies my guitars before I even get the chance to do it myself: "You haven't had time to play guitar in a long time baby, I bet you miss it. I'm sure they miss you too."
  • She'll skip a walk through some garden to go to the Academy of Sciences, the Planetarium, the Tech Museum, or to just stay in bed and watch Transformers and The Rock all day.
  • She is open to trying new things. She is as excited as I am to go snowboarding, having only gone twice. And when she gets tired and sees that I want to leave the bunny hill, she tells me to "Go on, I'll be in the lodge saving us a spot with some drinks and fries." And there is nothing behind that, no strange guilt trip because I went snowboarding for a while without her.
  • She gives me a big sympathetic hug when one of my tank creatures passes away.
I could go on and on, but I don't want to make you too jealous. You might accuse me of blogging about my girlfriend just to score some brownie points...and get her to bake me some brownies later...and while that might be a happy side effect, it's not the case.
I just like to brag about how lucky I got.

3 comments:

  1. Bragger.

    Well-warranted, but nonetheless... bragger.

    I think I gave you a hug when your crabs died, although I thought it was a celebratory hug - having thought that this was as a result of using Lindane medicated shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Alex, I'm sure you'll find the right guy eventually. Keep that chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her for making you so happy. and for being such a great shopping buddy. and for turning me on to cherry coronado car air freshener. happy birthday lil' spud. i'm so happy for you two.

    ReplyDelete