Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Honest Money

If you know me at all, you know I love burritos.
Taquerias make burritos that are incomparable to Chipotle burritos.
It'd be like comparing gourmet Italian pasta to the pasta bread bowls you can order from Pizza Hut delivery. Except a bit different, because Chipotle burritos are actually quite tasty.

Normally, I order the chicken burrito with guacamole.
They've always written 'CG' on my burrito foil.
I know now that this designates 'chicken' and 'guacamole' to the cashier.
I never really put the two together before.
I figured they just thought I was a 'cool guy'.
Which, obviously, I am.
I was hurt for about 20 seconds tonight when the burrito foil only read 'C'.

I thought, I am wearing a pink shirt, maybe he just thinks I'm cool, but girly-ish.
Oh well.
Then the cashier said, "Chicken burrito, chips or drink, $6.66 please."
Perplexing how she knew the total before she attained if I wanted some chips or a beverage...but that didn't concern me. What concerned me was the price.
I pay attention to what I pay. And $6.66 was unfamiliar...

It all came crashing down.
I'm not a "cool guy", I just happen to love chicken and guacamole.
I tried to mask my pain with humor:
"Actually, I ordered guacamole, too...and I don't want my total to be associated with Satan."
She laughed, presented me with the higher total, and asked, "Do you really believe in that stuff?"
I handed her my credit card and replied, "I don't really know, but I believe in being honest."

As I returned to my car (since only schmucks dine in, Casey), a dollar bill scurried into my path with the breeze. I picked it up, made sure the serial number had no sequences of '666', and pocketed it.

Thanks God.

Be honest. It pays in the end...when people drop cash.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I had yesterday for lunch? Los Altos. Mmmmm... gourmet Italian pasta.

    Also, Hell doesn't seem so bad. Have you played Devil May Cry? Pretty fun. I imagine it is exactly like that video game.

    ReplyDelete