Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mus-talg-ic

I'm not much of a metal head. I don't really skate anymore either.
Nor do I employ any fuzz-face, metalizer, death-screech-face tear-static-core-black coffee-monster distortion pedals when I find the time to pluck the strings.

I do, however, have a special place in my heart for Deftones.
They're from Sacramento, about 50 minutes north of my home town, Awfulville...I mean, Stockton...and the band and their families did quite a lot for us valley kids, from skate-park fundraisers to local band exposure and shows.



Though my tastes have drifted to a less noisy (using the audio term, not the adult-annoyed-turn-that-noise-down kind of term) flavor of rock, I will still be picking up Diamond Eyes once the record is out.
Preview another track from said album here.

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping Chi wakes up, gets up, and rocks out.

    ReplyDelete