Monday, March 1, 2010

Your diversions smell like fish, Scott.

I was working on a philosophy paper for professional business ethics (read: reading some bull shit so I can write some bull shit) when I realized I forgot to eat dinner. Pretty standard occurrence for the Slobscot, but I generally feed my fish while I eat or while I'm preparing my own food. (You have to train them to get on your timetable ya know? Show them who wears the pants.)

Oh yeah, I got some fish!

Nitrate problem is a thing of the past, still need to keep an eye on it, but the brother says that "fish are part of the nitrogen cycle".
And he knows how to fly a plane! So I do what he says.
The green star polyp soft coral I got a while back is opening up more and more, so maybe he's right...that ragamuffin.
So now - if I forget to eat it's more of a big deal because then I'll forget to feed the fish. The critters can live off of the algae and whatnot, but the swimmers need something...you know...for the effort...you know...

So I was reading about the moral questions of forcing certain income distributions in a society, looked up, and remembered they gotta eat!

Some may know, I'm working on bringing the economy all the way back by paying off all my debts and then buying cool stuff. Namely, a Flip Ultra HD Camera along with the underwater casing, and a tripod.
But - I'm not opening it until I finish my paper and program because it will cause lots of distractions for sure...whew...side-stepped that land mine...he said whilst blogging...doh!
So eventually, you will get some HD videos from the Slobscot, but for now, I just grabbed the good old Olympus for a quick vid, then to iMovie, then up to Vimeo...because fuck you Blogger, you can't host a video any better than my TI-83.
Massive Attack provides the soundtrack with "Two Rocks and a Cup of Water" from the Danny the Dog Soundtrack.



Check out 1:48 - ish. Zoidberg dominates one of the other hermits feasting on some brine shrimp, knocks him right off the rock and into the sand.
That hermit got totally Berged!!!
Also, the persistence of the snail had to be included (filmed elsewhen).
She won't let a pump and strong current deter her from reaching that brown algae!

Under and in.

1 comment: